- 2 lbs firm white fish fillets, cubed sea bass or corvina
- 8 -10garlic cloves, chopped
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon black pepper
- 2teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1habanero pepper, seeded and chopped (or real Peruvian Aji Amarillo, if you can find it)
- 8 -12limes, freshly squeezed and strained to remove pulp, enough to cover fish
- 1red onion, thinly sliced and rinsed
- Combine all ingredients except red onion and mix well.
- Place red onion on top and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
- Before serving, mix well and serve with lettuce, corn, avocado or other cold salad vegetables on the side.
- It is important to use a juicer that presses the juice out of the limes, not one that will tear the membrane of the lime sections since this will make the lime juice bitter.